If you are in trouble or need any support, please feel free to reach out to one of these support services.
Text 50808 provides anonymous crisis support by text to both adults and teenagers. Free 24/7 support is available for anyone in crisis who prefers to text rather than phone a helpline.
- Free Text Service: Text 3TS to 50808 to begin your conversation (24/7)
- Website: www.text50808.ie
Free 24 Hour Support service with therapeutic approach for people in suicidal distress, who engage in self-harm, are particularly low or who are bereaved by suicide. See website for branches.
- Freephone 24 hour Helpline: 1800 247 247
- Text HELP to 51444
- Call to book a therapy appoinment: 0818 111 126
- Web: pieta.ie
If you need help understanding self-harm, the Battle Scars Website is a very useful place to start. This UK based survivor-led charity provides peer to peer support and training in all areas related to self-harm. However, regardless of where you are, their website is filled with useful insights and practical information, along with a number of online resources such as literature, self-help tools and tools to be used when working with people who self-harm. Battle Scars started as a community group and their Facebook Page @battlescarsselfharm is a moderated support group open also to those outside of the UK. Excellent resource for anyone concerned about self-harm.
- Phone: 00 44 7410 380747 (N.B. This is an Admin telephone number – this is not a support or crisis number)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.battle-scars-self-harm.org.uk
BeLonG To provides support and information for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Trans (LGBTI+) young people in Ireland through a number of support services. If you are LGBTI+ and have questions, worries, or just need to have a chat in a safe space, BeLonG To can provide you with information, support, and a listening ear. BeLonG To support youth groups around the country where you can be yourself, meet new people and seek help. Monday Chats are a free service for 14-23 year-olds between 3-7pm. Book an appointment via the email or telephone number below.
- Email: email@example.com
- Helpline: BelonG To / Pieta 01 462 4792 to book free session counselling sessions
- Phone: 01-670 6223 (Mon-Fri, 9am-1pm, 2pm -5pm) – this is not a helpline.
- Web: www.belongto.org
Providing fast and easy access to counselling and psychotherapyface to face and online. MyMind work to deliver affordable counselling with a sliding pay scale according to client. Also, for those directly affected by Covid-19, MyMind are now also delivering FREE online counselling appointments all over Ireland. For more information CLICK HERE .
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.mymind.org
Longstanding & trusted, Samaritans volunteers provide confidential support, befriending and listening to those in personal crisis, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. 21 branches across Ireland. Also provide a Self-Help App. to keep track of feelings, get coping recommendations & to stay safe in a crisis.
- Helpline: Freephone 116 123 (callers from Rep of Ireland & N Ireland)
- Email: email@example.com (Rep. of Ire) firstname.lastname@example.org (N Ire) email response issues within 24 hours)
- Web: samaritans.org
SHINE works with individuals & family members of those with mental health difficulties. They aim to raise awareness and provide information, education, counselling & support groups. Services include groups for people with lived experience of a mental health difficulty, family & supporters groups, recovery training and education groups. Find your local Shine service here.Helpline: 1890 621 631
- Email: Counselling Service email@example.com
- Web: shine.ie
Available 7 days a week, 365 days a year, the Switchboard provides support and resources to all areas of the LGBTQIA community and to their families, friends and allies. Services include confidential helpline, married men's group and parents support service. A Drop-In Service is available weekly for sexual health information & support. Email for support or even to volunteer.
- Helpline (weekdays): +353 1 8721055 Mon-Fri 6:30 - 9pm
- Helpline (Sat/Sun & bank holidays): +353 1 5253113 4pm - 6pm
- Drop-in: Saturdays 2-4pm in Outhouse, 105 Capel St, Dublin 1
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Talk to Tom provides a range of suicide prevention services both nationally and in their local community of Gorey. Services include counselling, child & adolescent services, bereavement support and community outreach programmes. Their counselling service offers one to one, group and family counselling & therapy sessions.
- Helpline: (0818) 30 30 61
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: talktotom.ie
Online mental health community providing support groups, peer support and one to one online counselling. Turn2me provide 6 free counselling sessions to anyone over 18 years living in Ireland. Website is a good resource of information on mental health issues. Contact: via form on the website