If you NEED HELP NOW for yourself or for another person:
- CALL 999 or 112: in the event of an emergency;
- A & E: visit your Accident & Emergency Department; bring a companion, if possible;
- GP: talk with your GP;
- TEXT Crisis Textline Ireland: 50808 is a free 24/7 text service. Text 3TS to 50808 to begin the conversation;
- CALL A HELPLINE: Ring SAMARITANS 24/7 on freephone number 116-123, choose from Crisis Helplines below or on Specialist Support Helplines.
Longstanding & trusted, Samaritans volunteers provide confidential support, befriending and listening to those in personal crisis, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
CRISIS TEXT LINE IRELAND
Confidential messaging support service providing immediate support for anyone going through a mental health or emotional crisis – big or small. Crisis Volunteers are available 24/7 for anonymous text conversations.
- Text 3TS to 50808 to start the conversation;
- Available every day 24 hours a day;
- Standard message rates apply.
Suicide support service – free helpline & face to face counselling support. For information & branches nationwide, see pieta.ie
- Helpline (24hr): 1800 247 247
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: pieta.ie
ChildLine is a free 24 hour counselling service for children and young people up to 19 years of age.
- Helpline (24hr Freephone): 1800 66 66 66
- Web: childline.ie
The ISPCC operates Teenline, a helpline for young people who feel lonely, anxious, vulnerable, depressed or suicidal. This national active listening service is for children and young people up to the age of 18 in Ireland.
- Helpline (Freephone): 1800 833 634 (8pm-11pm)