- CALL 999 or 112: in the event of an emergency;
- A & E: visit your Accident & Emergency Department;
- GP: talk to your GP;
- CALL A HELPLINE: Ring SAMARITANS 24/7 on freephone number 116-123, choose from Crisis Helplines suggested below or suggested Specialist Support Helplines.
Longstanding & trusted, Samaritans volunteers provide confidential support, befriending and listening to those in personal crisis, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Suicide support service – free helpline & face to face counselling support. For information & branches nationwide, see pieta.ie
- Helpline (24hr): 1800 247 247
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: pieta.ie
ChildLine is a free 24 hour counselling service for children and young people up to 19 years of age.
- Helpline (24hr Freephone): 1800 66 66 66
- Web: childline.ie
The ISPCC operates Teenline, a helpline for young people who feel lonely, anxious, vulnerable, depressed or suicidal. This national active listening service is for children and young people up to the age of 18 in Ireland.
- Helpline (Freephone): 1800 833 634 (8pm-11pm)