If you NEED HELP NOW for yourself or for another person:
- CALL 999 or 112: in the event of an emergency;
- A & E: visit your Accident & Emergency Department; bring a companion, if possible;
- GP: talk with your GP;
- TEXT 50808 is a free 24/7 text service. Text 3TS to 50808 to begin the conversation;
- CALL A HELPLINE: Ring SAMARITANS 24/7 on freephone number 116-123, choose from Crisis Helplines below or on Specialist Support Helplines.
Longstanding & trusted, Samaritans volunteers provide confidential support, befriending and listening to those in personal crisis, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. 21 branches across Ireland. Also provide a Self-Help App. to keep track of feelings, get coping recommendations & to stay safe in a crisis.
Confidential messaging support service providing immediate support for anyone going through a mental health or emotional crisis – big or small. Crisis Volunteers are available 24/7 for anonymous text conversations.
- Text 3TS to 50808 to start the conversation;
- Available every day 24 hours a day;
- Standard message rates apply.
Suicide support service – free helpline & face to face counselling support. For information & branches nationwide, see pieta.ie
- Helpline (24hr): 1800 247 247
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: pieta.ie
Childline is the national 24-hour active listening service for children and young people up and including 18 years of age in Ireland. Children and young people can contact the service at any time, to talk about any issue on their mind. The service can be reached in the following ways:
Teenline is a free 24-hour active listening service for young people up and including 18 years of age in Ireland. Provided by the ISPCC, the service is confidential, non-directive and non-judgemental. Young people can contact the service at any time, to talk about any issue on their mind.
- Call: 1800 833 634