A unique open-water swim along Galway’s River Corrib
Summer’s here at last. Time to enjoy longer days with (hopefully) lots of sunshine. And what better place to be at the height of the summer than by the wonderful River Corrib in the heart of Galway?
3Ts are westward bound on June 22nd next as charity partners for the 2019 Longest Day Swim on the River Corrib in Galway, hosted by Galway Swimming Club. So, if you’re a keen and competent open-water swimmer, this event is your chance to swim down Galway’s famous River Corrib, whilst also helping to raise awareness and funds for 3Ts suicide prevention initiatives. The swim route brings swimmers past some of Galway’s favourite landmarks, starting with NUIG and Menlo Castle, passing Steamboat Quay and swimming under the Quincentennial Bridge.
This is an opportunity not to be missed to undertake a challenging swim, to see Galway from a unique perspective and to play your part in suicide prevention.
- Book your place on the dedicated Longest Day Swim page on Eventbrite.
- Places limited to 300.
- Registration closes at 1PM on Friday June 21st 2019.
- Swimmers MUST be over 18 years of age and be a competent open-water swimmer.
- €50 per swimmer for 2019 Swim Ireland Members.
- €60 per swimmer for Non Swim Ireland Members [inc. €10 Day Insurance].
- If you are NOT a member of Swim Ireland, the special once-off daily insurance charge of €10 is MANDATORY to ensure that swimmers are fully insured for the event.
- Current Swim Ireland Members MUST enter their SI Number when completing the entry form.
- All participating swimmers will receive a customised T-Shirt and Swim Hat to celebrate their participation in the 2019 event.
- 4K swim START from The Glenlo Abbey Hotel.
- 2.5K swim START from NUIG Dangan.
Both the 4k and the 2.5k swims finish at the COMMERCIAL BOAT CLUB, Waterside, Woodquay, Galway.
3Ts are delighted to be Charity Partners with Galway Swimming Club (GSC) for the 2019 Longest Day swim. 3Ts receive no government funding but rely on the goodwill and support of clubs like GSC to raise much needed funding. Funds raised through this event will be used for the provision of services and initiatives in the Galway area.
Follow Galway Swimming Club on Facebook: G.S.C Open Water – Longest Day Swim @G.S.C.LongestDaySwim OR visit: www.galwayswimmingclub.ie.
Register on Eventbrite.