Take the 3Ts Challenge: make January count
Structure and imperfect action are important for mental wellness. So, this January, we’re asking our supporters to embark on a 30-day challenge of your own choice in aid of 3Ts. 3Ts have teamed up with iDonate to kick start 2021 with a challenge that will help you boost your mental wellness and raise money for 3Ts suicide prevention initiatives in Ireland. We’ll give you some ideas, but it’s up to you to choose the challenge that suits you.
Why join #3TsChallenge?
Well, after the excesses of Christmas, we all need to brush away those cobwebs. You may decide decide to banish the booze and have a Dry January or maybe you’ve always wanted to take up running? Perhaps now is the time to really do those 10,000 steps a day. Whatever you decide on, 3Ts need you to join our January Challenge to help raise funds for our suicide prevention work. 2020 was a tough year for everyone and charities are no different. We receive no state support and are funded solely through fundraising activities to continue our work in suicide prevention.
Once you’ve decided on your #3TsChallenge, you can set up your fundraising page on iDonate or on Facebook Fundraiser or on your preferred fundraising platform. We’ve listed some ideas for 30-day challenges to help you kick start the new year with some achievable goals.
- 10,000 Steps a Day – proven to improve overall mental health & well-being in participants. You’ll be surprised how easy it is to incorporate into your day – we do 2,000 steps in half-an-hour around the supermarket!
- Couch to 5km – build up your stamina to by walking, jogging, or running 5K a week for the month of January.
- Veganuary or Veguary: 30-day Vegan or Vegetarian diet challenge – we all know the benefits of moving towards a plant-based diet for our health and for the planet. After the excesses of Christmas, now is a good time to try out veganism or vegetarianism.
- Dry January – recover from the silly season with an alcohol-free month.
- Get on your Bike! Boycott the car and public transport and get out on your bike. Use your daily commute as opportunity to exercise.
- Meditate / Mindfulness breathing – dedicate a minimum of 10 minutes a day for a month.
- No Coffee – fed up with the post-coffee jitters? Skip the coffee & donate the cost of your daily cup.
- Public Transport – Get out of that traffic jam and take some headspace on the train, bus, or Luas.
- Turn off your Tech – no social media / TV / computers / Netflix etc. past 6pm. You’ll be surprised how much time you have for other good stuff.
- Learn to Swim – do adult lessons at your local authority pool or your sports club. It’s a skill for life.
Set your Goal
A New Year is a time for optimism and hope. Whether you run, swim, cycle, drop an activity or pickup a new one, set your goal and enjoy taking on the new year with focus and dedication!
How to fundraise for 3Ts
Check out iDonate’s website here for details on how to set up your own 3Ts Challenge or try Fundraise on Facebook or on your preferred online fundraising platform.
Share with friends and family
Most importantly, make sure you share your 3Ts Challenge fundraiser across your social media and tell your friends and family. The more people who know about your challenge, the more people you have to encourage you and support the cause.
Remember, a sense of success rarely comes from the daily task but builds up through consistently doing something positive. Kick-start your 2021 in a positive way and raise funds for 3Ts so we can actively work towards better mental health.
The Key to a Successful 30-Day Challenge as doing Something Achievable
Preparation is key
Preparation is everything when it comes to achieving goals. Before 1st January, take time to identify your 3Ts Challenge and, if you’re fundraising too, set up your online fundraising on either iDonate or Facebook. Make sure you have the right resources in place to help you achieve it.
So, if you’re doing 10,000-steps, try to make a list of all the daily opportunities that could help increase your step count. OR if you’re going vegan for the month, do a bit of research on how to fit a balanced vegan diet into your lifestyle, tie in your shopping with your menu planning and say hello to batch cooking…
How do you decide on your Goals?
Start with what you enjoy. Write down five things you enjoy most but feel you never have time for. Avoid ‘big’ goals. Often, when we consider goals, we think they need to be huge or life-changing, and that can become overwhelming. A goal should be anything you want to do or achieve – big, small, fun, or completely random. Take this 30-day challenge to kick start your person goal and you never know, after the month is over you might want to keep it up!
If you are looking for 5 easy tips on how to identify and set goals, check out our blog post the SMART strategy: https://www.3ts.ie/blog/goals-what-are-you-aiming-for/
Tell us your story
Making good progress? Make sure you keep us updated! We’d love to hear from you.
- Register: to register on iDonate for the January 3Ts Challenge, follow this link.
- More Info: on what we do and why to fundraise for us, read more here.
- Setting up a Facebook Fundraiser: for info on how to set up your own personal #3TsChallenge Facebook Fundraiser, check out this link.
For any further information, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone +353 1 2139905 or by Facebook Messenger:@3tsSuicidePrevention