- CALL 999: in the event of an emergency;
- A & E: visit your Accident & Emergency Department;
- GP: talk to your GP;
- CALL A HELPLINE: Ring SAMARITANS 24/7 on freephone number 116-123, choose from Crisis Helplines suggested below or suggested Specialist Support Helplines.
Longstanding & trusted, Samaritans volunteers provide confidential support, befriending and listening to those in personal crisis, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Helpline: Freephone 116 123 (callers from Rep of Ireland)
- N Ireland Helpline: 08457 90 90 90 (callers from N. Ireland)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (email response issues within 24 hours)
- Web: samaritans.org
Suicide support service – free helpline & face to face counselling support. For information & branches nationwide, see pieta.ie
- Helpline (24hr): 1800 247 247
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: pieta.ie
ChildLine is a free 24 hour counselling service for children and young people up to 19 years of age.
- Helpline (24hr Freephone): 1800 66 66 66
- Web: childline.ie
A helpline for young people who feel lonely, anxious, vulnerable, depressed or suicidal.